All proceeds from the Humane Society of Forsyth County Thrift Store go directly to help the animals in our program.
When we opened our doors in 2010 our mission was and is: To receive gently used donated items from the community, then sell the items at a reasonable and fair price, so that we can then assist with the financial needs of the Humane Society of Forsyth County, our “NO KILL” shelter and their ultimate goal of rescuing more animals and through adoption finding them their forever homes. Over the years we have been able to give more and more, not only financially, but also through some of our staff fostering and volunteering at some of the community events such as The Mutts & More Festival and The Bark & Boogie Ball just to name a few.
Our policy is “THE BEST OF THE BEST”, we sort through the broken, chipped, cracked, moldy, soiled and stained items so that you do not have to. The items that do not fall within our specific criteria are recycled and sold, therefore we are making money. Nothing goes to waste. We appreciate that so many of our loyal customers understand that this is a labor of love for all the animals that don’t have homes, the more we can raise, the more we can save! We do not have funds for advertising, it is all word of mouth, so please share with your family, friends, and co-workers.
Thrift Store Location & Hours of Operation
168 Tri-County Plaza
Cumming, GA 30040
|Store Hours||Donation Hours|
|Tuesday – Friday||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM||10:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM||10:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Thrift Store Donation Information
We are so appreciative of the community support and donations. When preparing your donation please think about whether or not this is something you would place in your home, or give to a child for a first apartment or give as a gift to a friend, that is the quality of the merchandise we would like to have on our shelves for you our customers. Please be mindful of your donations, if it is something that we will have to dispose of, that is costing us money, therefore taking money away from the animals.
Donation dropoff closes 30 MINUTES before the store so that we can make sure all items get brought into the building, cleaned, repaired, priced and are ready for sale immediately. We have minimal staff to complete our clean-up and closing tasks. Donation hours change when we close the store early, if you are in doubt please call the store before coming out. 770-886-5806
If you have a large number of items you are wanting to donate, please give us a call ahead of time so we can plan for it accordingly! We would really appreciate it!
- Appliances – Refrigerators, Freezers and Microwaves, Items we can easily test in store.
- Clothing/Shoes – Our number one selling items, and the best prices in town. All gently used, new with tags, new in packages. Undergarments new in sealed packages only, swimwear brand new with tags only
- Decorating Accessories – new and gently used, no broken chipped or cracked items
- Electronics – in good working condition, with all plugs (Flat Screen TV’s only, strictly enforced)
- Fashion Accessories – handbags, belts hats, scarves, and so on. Gently used
- Furniture – minimal wear, no stains and working (such as a recliner) We do not have the time or staff t fix or repair.
- Games/Puzzles – with all pieces and in original packaging
- Rugs – we clean all rugs before we resell (about every 6 weeks or so) unless you just can’t wait.
- Linens – sheets, blankets, comforters, window treatments, table linens and bath linens all in great condition without stains or holes
- Media – hard and soft back books that are in great condition, not yellowed, mildewed or torn. CD’s, DVD’s, VHS, Records, Video Games that are not scratched and are in their original packaging.
- Sports/Exercise – New and gently used, must have all parts and electrical cords
- Seasonal – We collect and store (with limited space) all year long, we only keep the absolute BEST!
We CANNOT accept:
- Mattresses, undergarments, used swimwear
- No cribs, car seats, walkers, and other child equipment (these items are not safe for resale due to the fact that they may have been recalled and we are not able to identify if they have been in an accident and would be unsafe for your child.)
- No bike helmets unless brand new and in package
- No dishes, glassware, or small kitchen appliances that have breaks, chips, cracks and/or not working
- No Tupperware or plastics (these items hold significant bacteria) this includes plastic litter boxes and plastic pet bowls
- No broken or without cords appliances or electronics