Effective 4/2/2020 – To comply with the sheltering in place guidelines issued by Governor Kemp, The Humane Society of Forsyth County will be closed effective immediately for all non-essential business including Adoptions and public wellness clinic services.
Effective 3/18/2020 – To protect the health of our employees and the general public our adoption center will be closed unless you have a scheduled appointment:
If you are a serious adopter, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. If you are interested in adopting, please fill out and submit the pre-adoption application online. Applications can be found below.
2. Once your application has been received and reviewed an associate will contact you to approve your application and schedule an appointment to meet the animal.
3. Appointments will be restricted to one family member at a time.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the adoption center at 770-887-6480.
Adopting a four-legged friend is stress-free at the Humane Society of Forsyth County (HSFC). Our staff and volunteers will help match you with the perfect pet for your lifestyle.
Read more on our adoption process below and start your search for your new best friend.
Looking for a new pet to add to your family is exciting, and sometimes overwhelming. The adoption experience is made simple by our carefully trained team of volunteers and staff. We are here to help you understand the process, meet the animals, and finalize your adoption. Here’s how your easy adventure in animal adoption will look.
1. Visit Us! Stop by one of our adoption locations or search our listings of adoptable animals online. If the pet you are interested in happens to be in a foster home, we will contact the foster parent to set up the next step.
2. Meet your future friend! We will arrange for you to meet the pet you are interested in, and if you already have furry friends, we can help arrange a proper meet-and-greet.
3. Let the experts help you! Our adoption specialists will share their insights about the animal you’re interested in taking home.
4. Let’s go home! We want you to start off on the right paw. We’ll review all the health and behavior info, like vaccines and training with you. Most of our animals can be taken home on the same day of adoption, but we’ll make sure those who need additional procedures, like spay/neuter surgery, get taken care of based on our evaluations.
Adoption Process Frequently Asked Questions
How much are the adoptions fees?
You can view the most recent adoption fees for both dogs and cats by going to the adoptable animal section. Prices listed are typical, but can vary depending on the situation. We suggest inquiring directly for each pets current adoption fee.
What is included with the adoption?
You can view the adoption fee for both dogs and cats by going to the adoptable animal section. We strive to maintain a long-term relationship with both our animals and their new care givers. We will always be available as a resource when you need us.
What if it isn’t working out after I adopt an animal?
We strive to pair animals appropriately with adopters, but we understand that it sometimes won’t be a perfect fit. Our contract stipulates that if an adopter decides to ever relinquish their pet, they must give us an opportunity to take them back into our program so we can ensure they get a great home. If you adopt through the HSFC and it isn’t working out, you can contact us for next steps.