The decision to spay or neuter your pet can be the best decision you make for your pet’s long-term welfare. We believe two of our more important roles are to help families keep their pets in their own homes while helping to reduce the pet over-population in Forsyth County with our Spay/Neuter assistance program.
We are extremely proud of SNAP, our Spay/Neuter Assistance Program founded in 2009. Our goal is to reach pet owners who are likely to allow their dogs or cats to breed due to financial hardship. We currently offer spay/neuter surgery appointments to qualifying Forsyth County residents at the reduced cost of $25.00 per pet. All surgeries are performed in our surgical center located at 4440 Keith Bridge Road, Cumming GA 30041 by our on-staff veterinarian.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
To participate in this program, we require the following:
• Applicant must be 18 years or older
• Only 1 applicant per household
• A completed application
• A dated letter stating you are currently receiving Government Assistance
• Government issued photo ID
• Proof of Forsyth County residency (you may provide a lease agreement, car tag registration, water bill or power bill.
• Proof of current rabies vaccination for each pet (Required by Georgia State Law)
If you are interested in taking the next step in making your pet healthier, as well as helping to reduce pet over-population, please download the form below. You must bring your form into our shelter to complete the application process Tuesday through Sunday between 12pm and 4pm.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR SPAY / NEUTER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) APPLICATION