Humane Society of Forsyth County partners with Petco Love Lost to make reuniting lost pets easier and free using facial recognition technology to search a national database.
CLICK HERE to search now.
PETCO’s LoveLost Program is reuniting animals and their people online. This free, centralized lost and found tool is a single database that uses patented facial recognition technology to make finding lost pets quicker and easier. It is used by many shelters in our community to display all lost and found pets. Having all lost and found pets posted in the same place means that distressed pet owners no longer need to check dozens of different sources every day.
Animal shelters are on board, but we need your help to spread the word about this software so that any time a pet is lost or found, we all turn to Petco Love Lost.
Here’s what you need to know:
– Petco Love Lost immediately pulls listings from shelter databases into a centralized place.
– Lost and found pets are both posted on there. Uploaded photos of a missing dog or cat are immediately scanned to determine whether the lost pet is at a participating shelter or with a neighbor in the community.
– Petco Love Lost is not just for shelters to use, but also for citizen-to-citizen matches.
– Petco Love Lost has a smartphone app and their website is mobile-friendly, allowing pet owners and finders to quickly report lost and found pets, even on the go. There is no faster method to alert both the community and all surrounding shelters.
– Petco Love Lost has award-winning pet facial recognition that makes matches, sending alerts of these matches to pet owners, finders and shelters.
You can register your pets in the database right now so that if they ever go missing, the software will automatically alert you of animals in shelters that look like your pet.
Petco Love Lost is a FREE national database sponsored by Petco Love, formerly known as the Petco Foundation, so that there is never any expense to pet owners, finders or shelters!
Next time you see a lost/found post either in a group, on a neighborhood page or on a friend’s private account, link them to Petco Love Lost– you could be the reason a pet and his owner are reunited!