We are currently seeking a full-time veterinary assistant for our Keith Bridge Road Location.
Full-Time Veterinary Assistant
Hours: Full-time, Weekend/Holiday Availability is Required.
Public Wellness & Vaccine Clinic
• Safely administer vaccines and medication via injection and orally.
• Safely perform testing via blood draw and implant microchips.
• Effectively communicate with clinic clients to explain services/treatment and care of their animals.
• Exceptional handling/ restraint skills and the ability and confidence to handle potentially aggressive animals safely is crucial to this position.
• Ability to maintain accurate and detailed medical records.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Other duties including providing courteous, prompt, and professional services when answering the phone and in person.
• Assist with transport of animals to and from off-site veterinary appointments on an as needed basis.
• Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
• Must be able to work standing for 8 hours and be able to bend, kneel and maneuver in small spaces in various situation.
• Must be able to work under pressure and remain calm when dealing with people.
• Experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital and/or animal shelter environment preferred.
• Working knowledge of breeds, diseases, medical conditions, animal handling & behavior.
• Highly motived and professional with the ability to work independently.
• Good listening and communication skills.
• Must be able to work constructively within a team of individuals in a fast-paced intense environment.
• Must be able to respond quickly during medical situations while remaining calm and professional.
• Experience in dealing with the public tactfully and with empathy.
• Ability to work and adapt to different software platforms including Microsoft office, Pet point & Avimark.
• Surgical experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and apply good judgement when making decisions in accordance with Humane Society of Forsyth County organization policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Full time – competitive pay based on experience.
For more information or to submit your resume, contact the Shelter Operations Director at email@example.com.