CERTIFIED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
We are currently seeking a Certified Veterinary Technician for our Keith Bridge Road, Cumming, GA Location
Hours: Full-time, Weekend/Holiday Availability is Required.
Ideal candidate will be flexible with schedule changes.
Public Wellness & Vaccine Clinic
• Safely administer vaccines and medication via injection and orally.
• Safely perform testing via blood draw and implant microchips.
• Effectively communicate with clinic clients to explain services/treatment and care of their animals.
• Exceptional handling skills and the ability and confidence to handle potentially aggressive animals safely is crucial to this position
• Ability to maintain accurate and detailed medical records
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Animal Care & handling of adoptable animals
• Assist with animal intakes/owner surrendered animals in a compassionate manner by performing exams, administering vaccines, screening tests, and other wellness services as needed.
• Assist with ensuring adoptable animals are being vaccinated, treated for medical issues, and medicated appropriately.
• Communicate any health or behavioral changes or concerns to the on-staff veterinarian
• Provide adoptable animal care on a daily/as needed basis including cleaning/sanitizing equipment, kennels, and free roaming cat rooms effectively, efficiently, and safely
• Assist with temperament testing of potential animal intakes to promote a successful adoption experience and help develop behavior modification training for animals exhibiting behavior issues.
• Other duties including providing courteous, prompt, and professional services when answering the phone and in person
• Assist with transport of animals to and from off-site veterinary appointments on an as needed basis
• Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds with assistance
• Must be able to work standing for 8 hours and be able to bend, kneel and maneuver in small spaces in various situations
• Must be able to work under pressure and remain calm when dealing with difficult people
• Must have the ability to perform in an environment with exposure to hazardous chemicals and be able to tolerate strong odors and high noise levels.
• Must be able to tolerate animal allergens with exposure to sick, unsocialized, and/or potentially dangerous animals in addition to exposure to zoonotic infectious diseases and parasites
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital and/or animal shelter or animal control environment
• Working knowledge of breeds, diseases, medical conditions, animal handling & behavior
• Highly motived and professional with the ability to work independently
• Good communication skills
• Must be able to work constructively within a team of individuals in a fast-paced intense environment
• Must be able to respond quickly during medical situations while remaining calm and professional
• Experience in dealing with the public tactfully and with empathy
• Ability to work and adapt to different software platforms including Microsoft office, Pet point & IDEXX Neo
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and apply good judgement when making decisions in accordance with Humane Society of Forsyth County organization policies and Standard Operating Procedures
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must possess a valid Veterinary Technician degree through an AVMA approved Technician course
Full time – Starting at $15.00 per hour (based on experience)
We are currently seeking a full time Kennel Technician for our Keith Bridge Road, Cumming, GA location.
Primary responsibilities include daily care of all the animals housed at the Humane Society of Forsyth County including maintaining a clean and orderly animal housing and employee work area, maintaining the health and welfare of all the animals in our care and assisting the public with adoptions. Preferred candidates must have knowledge of health care, behavior, breeds, control and handling of dogs and cats. Candidate must also possess an understanding and recognition of common illnesses, diseases and injuries and the knowledge of safe procedures for handling animals. Must have a positive attitude and be empathetic in difficult situations. Clear and effective communication with management and medical staff are essential to this position. Duties require lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and other strenuous activities. Any allergic condition that would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or chemicals used to sanitize facilities or equipment is a disqualification.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be authorized to work in the United States.
• Must be a high school graduate or educational equivalent.
$12.00 per hour